INNOVATIONS AND STARTUPS
We are opening the world of energy to new technologies, to innovative and revolutionary ideas. In order to be sustainable, competitive and adapted to the needs of individual customers, we need innovation at the heart of our business. That is why we strongly believe in collaborations with the startups, with the objective to travel together along the road of innovation.
Our responsibility is to develop a culture of open innovation, and specifically:
- To track and monitor innovative processes in order to share best practices, and consolidate our project portfolio.
- To support and foster new ideas, stimulating entrepreneurship and innovation culture, as well as knowledge and skills in the Enel Group;
- To promote and manage open innovation to attract external stakeholders;
We are doing this to achieve the following objectives:
- Identify and develop new business models for advanced frontiers of innovative services and products;
- Search, evaluate and develop high-potential start-ups in the power sector;
- Search for and exploit external funding opportunities in collaboration with partners and venture funds to create a project portfolio.
Integration of science, education and innovation is one of the key factors for a successful development of a society and economy. The need for qualified specialists is increasing, leading to the integration of universities and employers. This allows us to contribute to various educational programs mostly by involving students in internships. Enel is a socially oriented company based on the principles of Sustainable development.
“PJSC Enel Russia cooperates with leading Russian institutions such as the Yeltsin Urals Federal University , Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (National Research University), the Russian Law University , the Moscow State Institute of International Relations, Luiss Guido Carli University in Rome, the Energy Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ERI RAS), the Yekaterinburg Energy Technical School, the Nevinnomyssk Energy Technical School, the Konakovo Energy College (a branch of the Moscow Power Engineering Institute)”
We hold seminars, master classes, lectures and round tables for students. Students of electrical and thermal engineering educational programs visit our power plants and get acquainted with the electrical and thermal energy production processes. Technical specialists from the power plants organize special tours for students and participate in joint researches. Enel supports specialized educational institutions as a part of its sustainability plan. We contribute to material and technical equipment, create specialized training centres and provide scholarships for the best students and young professors.
ENEL CUORE FOUNDATION
Enel Cuore Onlus is a non-profit foundation of the Enel Group, which implements social, charity, sports and human rights protection projects in the countries of operation of the Enel Group. In Russia, together with the Foundation we implemented joint projects to support art schools and education institutions of , medical institutions, social centres for disabled people, veterans and children’s health camps.
In 2013 Enel Cuore Onlus launched “Your Idea Flies High”, an international project which attracted 201 social projects which were ranked by voters.
The projects which received the highest number of votes were then assessed from the point of view of relevance and compliance with the project terms by a Committee of Enel Cuore Onlus and Enel Group country representatives . Upon examination, the projects were submitted to the Board of Directors of Enel Cuore Onlus, which resolved to finance 36 projects in 13 countries. Our projects in Russia were started in 2014 and have now all been completed. Thanks to Enel Cuore, we delivered equipment to set up a sensory room for children with health disorders, support to an infant social rehabilitation centre, and to a regional centre for prevention of child abandonment.
Enel Foundation is a non-profit organisation established by the Enel Group. The Foundation aims at carrying out studies and research activities, promoting executive trainings and knowledge dissemination initiatives on energy, social and economic, sustainable development and innovation. In order to explore the new developments in energy and related issues, Enel Foundation focuses on:
- Research on social and economic development, focused on policies and energy industry regulation, the geographic distribution of economic activities, finance and energy markets, long-term social and economic and geopolitical scenarios, energy security and economy development.
- Research on sustainable development and innovation, examining in depth topics such as sustainable development, technologies in energy sector, including those concerning universal access to energy, corporate social responsibility and innovation in corporate organizations.
Enel Foundation explores these energy issues, cooperating with an international network of scientific centres, universities and research institutes.
Enel Russia has been cooperating with Enel Foundation for many years for the purpose to accumulate the training potential and knowledge dissemination, organization of events, preparing joint scientific publications, enlarging database of major Russian universities and R&D centres that might be of interest for the Group scientific research needs.
SALES OF ASH